Why Work With a Coach?
The sporting world is full of examples of coaching but the role of executive coaching in the public sector is less well defined. Coaching is often seen as a deficit model, as a way to fix things, and yet the most effective use of coaching is with people who are already committed to their own development. The coach engages with the person to work through the issues that concern them and help them achieve their full potential.
Coaching acknowledges that the challenges Mangers and Staff face are not going to be resolved by taught programmes alone. For many people, coaching provides the time and space to work on their own dilemmas as leaders, and discuss the issues, which they may feel unable to resolve within the organisation.
Benefits of Using a Coach
Professional coaching brings many wonderful benefits: fresh perspectives on personal challenges, enhanced decision-making skills, greater interpersonal effectiveness, and increased confidence. And, the list does not end there. Those who undertake coaching also can expect appreciable improvement in productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.
What You Can Expect of Your Coach
- To work with you on a one-to-one basis supporting your development in a safe and nurturing environment
- To provide a place to say and think things you may feel unable to do in your own authority
- To be committed to working to create an effective partnership with you
- To follow your thinking and feeling in the session and focus on the issues you want to explore
- To take their role seriously and have regular supervision
What You Bring to The Partnership
- To be committed to working to create an effective working partnership with us to help you to reach your goals
- To undertake tasks and activities which will help you to achieve them
- To be committed to challenge yourself to seek continuous improvement
Mel Thomas & Associates has a team of executive coaches who have been selected because of their varying experience of working with staff, managers and senior managers and have a proven track record of supporting people. All of our coaches have been practising for several years and each is committed to continuing their development.