Effective Public Speaking
“Brilliant speaking is a gift, competent speaking needs
only knowledge, confidence and preparation”
The purpose of this course is to help participants develop the skills necessary for high impact presentation skills. It is designed for people who are called upon to undertake public speaking as part of their job. It covers both the basic and advanced skills necessary for people to deliver the presentations they are asked to do as part of their job.
Throughout the course participants will find that they are an active participant in the learning process. The course format includes group discussions and individual exercises designed to make your presentations “top quality”.
You will develop a presentation and present a segment of it during the course. Your fellow participants will be your “audience” during your practice presentation.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Analyse the requirements of a presentation
- Describe at least two methods of outlining a presentation
- Demonstratethe use of at least three visual aids in a presentation
- Produce and use a presentation plan
- Observe and utilisenon- verbal behaviour in a presentation
- Utilise techniques for dealing with difficult behaviour in presentations
- By utilisation of the above deliver a 20 minute presentation
2 days - Day 1 input and training - Day 2 participants presentations (NB - On the evening of day 1 participants will have o do some preparation for day 2)