Have you ever been involved with a group or in a meeting where:
- The group is not quite sure how to tackle an issue?
- The convenor of the group is not perceived to be neutral
- The group has an inability to solve problems or make decisions?
- There is inequality in individual contribution?
- There is unhealthy conflict between members?
If so then this is where facilitation comes in. Facilitation is about context, how you do something rather than about what you need to do, content. A Facilitator is a process guide, someone who makes things easier and more convenient.
It is the body of expertise associated with cooperation and collaboration amongst equals and is concerned with ways of ensuring that everyone in a group, can, if they wish, fully participate in decisions that affect them
This course is designed for anyone who has to facilitate groups, meetings, disputes, negotiations, difficult conversations between people within organisations or within the community
What is facilitation?
Stages of running event as a facilitator
Contrasting facilitation with other roles
Observation and recording
Facilitation a Feedback session