The ability to negotiate favorable agreements—with customers, partners, investors, suppliers, and colleagues—is a vital skill for executives. These programs help you structure and close deals more effectively, make tough choices in the face of opposition, and build negotiating capacity as a company asset. By enhancing your capabilities at the negotiating table, you can drive your firm's success.
This intensive one-day course teaches the basics of negotiation, looking to provide delegates with a fundamental understanding of the negotiation process, so they can enter negotiations with an idea of what to expect. This will in turn allow them to start negotiating having planned sufficiently, knowing what they would like to achieve, and what fundamental mistakes they should be avoiding. They will then be confident that they can produce good outcomes.
Anyone, whether in a sales, purchasing or management role who needs to negotiate with others in order to achieve results. They may not have negotiated before in any official position, or received any previous instruction, and will want to go into future negotiations with defined expectations, understanding and plan.
At the end of the course you will have a framework which will enable you to:
- Identify the influencing factors and leverages you can bring to bear
- Analyse your own and other party’s strength and weaknesses
- Identify opinions and how they may be used
- Plan the negotiation but remain flexible
- Use and counter negotiating gambits
- Explore opportunities to arrive at a win/win
- Welcome and introductions
- Good negotiators
- Four forces of negotiation
- Case Study
- Stages of Negotiation
- Getting into Gear
- Negotiators are People
- Planning ahead