We start this course with some interesting questions:
- What is time?
- How did the concept of time arise?
- What is the relation of time management to life as a whole?
Not easy questions to answer. The sense of time as transitory is a deeply human concept, as far as we are aware animals do not experience it. Time is as mysterious as space. We all know what we mean by time but few of us can say what it actually is. What is certain in the 21st century few people seem to have enough of it, many people speak of “time flying”, not enough hours in the day, wasting it and competing against it.
Whatever it is we certainly need to manage it a little better and this is what this course is designed to help you do – “Master Time”
The aim of this course is to:
- Help people achieve goals
- Feel a sense of control
- Reduce stress
- Feel a sense of progress
- Allocate time to areas that are important to us
- Have balance in our lives
- Reduce effort increase output
- Be efficient and effective
- Feel we have choice
- Enjoy life
All staff regardless of position or grade
- Welcome and Introductions
- Why do we need time management?
- Time and Stress
- Work/Life Balance – The Pie of Life
- Time Stealers
- Work Analysis
- Time Management Styles
- Time Management Skills
- Designing Your Time